If you are looking for
an innovative company, built on a foundation of teamwork, safety, and excellence, Ruston Paving is for you!
We are looking for
someone who is ready to work hard, be a team player, and show up each day with a positive attitude to motivate others! You dont need to be the best. You just have to be willing and eager to learn from our skilled team!
Our most important asset is our people! When you work for Ruston Paving, we are dedicated to giving you more than just a job. We want to ensure a career with well-rounded benefits for you and your family. With this, we proudly offer a variety of great benefits such as:
* Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions
* Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
* Double Time Saturdays
* Driver Safety Incentives
* Seasonal Return to Work Bonus
* Bonus Incentives and Allowances
* And many more!
On the go? You can text to apply!
Simply text TRUCK3 to 315-918-PAVE (7283).
DUMP TRUCK DRIVER
Pay: $25.00 - $29.00 per hour
About the Company
Ruston Paving is a commercial and industrial paving construction contractor with offices in New York, Virginia, and North Carolina. Established in 1943, we are a family-oriented company that has been in business for three generations. Our company is capable of all types of asphalt paving projects ranging from minor repairs to larger projects incorporating asphalt reclamation and recycling, as well as new construction.
General Summary of the Position
Teamwork is a major part of every position at Ruston Paving, so it is important to note that, aside from all other listed responsibilities, you must be willing to assist others and be as productive as possible. The dump truck driver drives trucks equipped with various configurations of dump body to transport and dump materials such as stone, asphalt, or other materials as needed. The individual in this position drives other vehicles and/or configurations as assigned and trained.
The following are a list of essential functions for the position. These are responsibilities that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Performs daily truck equipment inspections per FMCSA guidelines to assure equipment is safe for usage.
* Completes written daily inspection report as required. Submits requests for maintenance for any repair items.
* Maintains truck logs or time recordings as required by state, federal, and company policies and regulations.
* Assists with proper and legal loading of materials for transport.
* Weighs in and out of scales for load ticketing and legal weight compliance.
* Operates truck safely to and from project destination.
* Maintains contact with dispatch center for instructions.
* Pulls levers or turns cranks to tilt body and dump contents from tailgate or chutes.
* Moves hand and foot controls for truck movement forward and backward and to loosen and dump material adhering to body.
* Properly tarps load for transit.
* Properly chocks wheels when leaving the truck per company guidelines.
* Regularly maintains cargo area to be free of debris and is responsible for the cleanliness of both the interior and exterior of the truck.
* Inspects load for loose debris prior to transport.
* Performs post trip vehicle inspections for vehicles driven, equipment moved, and trailers towed, noting any defects or deficiencies in writing. Written inspections are turned in to designated locations or personnel.
* Performs all safety procedures required by governmental agencies and those established by Ruston Paving.
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A good deal of responsibility falls on the dump truck driver to ensure the proper transportation and safety of materials to and from the field. Here are some things we are looking for in a good candidate:
* Excitement and motivation for the workday ahead.
* Professionalism and willingness to take direction and constructive criticism in the field.
* Prioritizes the safety of every individual on the job site.
* Expresses a genuine interest in the thoughts, opinions, and needs of coworkers and customers.
* Knowledge and awareness to adjust routing in accordance with posted weight restrictions and permitted uses for the vehicle being operated.
* Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in construction work.
* General knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
* Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely. Ruston Paving does not tolerate short cuts in safety.
* Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
* Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
* Ability to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagrammatic form.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
* Ability to deal with problems involving deviation from standardized and/or planned situations or procedures.
* Ability to perform job requirements in adverse field conditions and all weather conditions.
Education and Experience
* Any combination of education and work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work as described.
* Must possess a valid Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL A, CDL A Restricted, or CDL B).
* Must possess a USDOT Medical Examiners Certificate.
* Drivers must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience transporting heavy construction equipment and/or materials for paving and/or site excavation.
Additional Requirements and Benefits
* Employee shifts start and end at the local division office/shop. Transportation to and from the job site is provided.
* We pride ourselves on our clean appearance on every job site! Laundered uniforms and personal protective equipment are provided and must be worn in accordance with the company policy.
* Although it does not occur very often, projects may require out of town overnight stays. Per diem pay is offered when these projects occur.
* We provide double time pay for weekend work.
* Employees may be sent to other facility locations and operations to perform duties as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The safety of our employees is the most important focus every day! The following context is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Employees are regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Noise level is generally loud.
* Employees are occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Employees may occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
* Excellent stamina is required.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a negative pre-employment drug screen and certain background check which, unless prohibited by applicable law, may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, DMV checks, and fingerprinting.
This description is not meant to cover every aspect of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change any time with or without notice.
Ruston Paving provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Copyright © 2023 Employ America All rights reserved.